The fable of Aladdin’s Lamp, and the sitcoms I dream of Jeannie and Bewitched all filled my childhood with dreams of getting what I want because I desired it. The stroking of a dusty oil lamp brought Aladdin everything his heart desired. And who didn’t like that show where Jeannie could just cross her arms and blink and voila -stuff happens. Or Samantha on Bewitched, who just twitched her nose and ‘poof’ – magic. Awesome, amazing stuff. I believed.
Admit it, you also tried crossing your arms and blinking, or twitching your nose like a bunny, just like me.
But we’re adults now and we know that this is all illusion and dreams don’t just happen because we conjure them up. Or do they?
Well, there is this thing called vision boarding. And it is a powerful tool for gaining clarity on the things we want, visually representing them and actually – yes, manifesting them.
It is known that when we visualize what we want in a clear and focused way, we have a 42% increased chance of achieving it. I have experience with this myself as I have used vision boards to manifest my goals for the year, including where I live, what I earn and where I want to vacation. Many successful athletes use vision boards to keep themselves motivated by looking at them daily.
Five good reasons to create a vision board:
1. It clarifies what you really want. It forces you to think about and put down on paper what you want out of life and focus on these aspirations.
2. It gets you unstuck. It is an opportunity to break out of a rut, and play, get those creative juices flowing again.
3. It is a constant visual reminder. Look at yours every day for inspiration and motivation. This is the stuff that keeps you going when you are reaching for your dreams.
4. It just fires you up! The imagery you select for your board are the things your heart most desires and these are the things that light you up, and keep you emotionally connected to what you want most. And when you are passionate about your goals, you are more likely to achieve them.
5. Did I say it was fun to create? Vision boards are an easy, no pressure way to select what inspires you and put it together however you want. There is no right or wrong way to do this – just your way.
A Vision boarding session is approximately three hours of setting your intention, thinking about what you truly desire, cutting out images and words that inspire you from a ton of magazines and gluing all of this on a giant posterboard. Embellish with stickers, glitter, whatever. All to create a visual representation of your heart’s desires – Big Magic!
Why am I telling you this? Because I want you to get what you want out of life. I want to share with you a tool that works to help you manifest, conjure, and create. I think maybe you might be tired of setting resolutions and might want to try something new.
That said, I will be hosting Vision board sessions over the next several weeks, starting next Saturday afternoon, November 23, from 2:00pm – 5:00pm to help you visually create the life that you want to manifest in 2020.
I hope you can join me. I am limited to 8 people at a time, space-wise, so sign up early. Light refreshments, plenty of glue and glitter will be on hand. Bring a photo of yourself to put smack dab in the midddle of your great new beautiful life!